THE MATERIALISTS' CREED
As a materialist:
1. I believe in materializm and only in materializm. I
will not allow myself to believe in anything else.
2. I do not believe in anything else unless I can touch
it, see it, hear it, smell it or taste it.
3. I will call myself a ‘skeptic’ even though
I fully realize I am cheating and lying when I do this because
a skeptic always allow for ‘doubt’ and for possible
subsequent confirmation, whereas as a materialist I do NOT
allow for doubt. I am absolutely convinced absolutely nothing
beyond physical explanation of the world around can exist.
4. I regard secular orthodoxy and materializm as my gods
and my salvation for this lifetime on this earth. As an
extreme materialist I will always push selfishness to its
extreme to attain maximum pleasure – even if I have
to corrupt or prostitute my talents or exploit my position
in life to attain all this.
5. I do not believe in helping the weak, aiding the poor,
helping those who cannot help themselves or in doing anything
unless there is a direct benefit in it for me or for my
own career- especially in psychology.
6. I am strongly against spirituality, against religion,
against ‘god’, and actively against anything
else EXCEPT the ‘secular religion’ of materializm.
7. I live only for materializm and will do anything in
my power to work against the paranormal, psychic phenomena
and anyone who tries to show the afterlife exists.
8. I believe I will not be ultimately responsible for my
negative actions, negative deeds, negative manipulations,
negative conduct in any way.
9. As an extreme materialist, I will maliciously do anything
to attain my goal – I will lie, cheat, misrepresent,
deceive, deface, desecrate anything which is fundamentally
inconsistent with my extreme belief in materializm.
10. Inevitably, I will always be a short term thinker and
short term planner for my immediate gain with absolutely
no thoughts past this lifetime on earth.
Victor Zammit January 2005
Return to Articles