* What is the best thing and the worst thing about the holidays
* Why do so many people find Christmas difficult?
* How can you reduce expectations to spend excessively?
* What can you do about a disfunctional family?
* How can people who are grieving honour their loved ones?
* What are some ways you can create new and spiritually
* What are some ways that you can connect with a loved one
in spirit during the holidays?
MEETING AGENDA (1 hour).
SET UP- Aim for 15 mins ____________________________________
1. [2 minutes] WELCOME AND AGENDA REVIEW
- host welcomes and
explains purpose of AREI
2. [3 mins] Check in - Everyone says their name
and where they are calling from. A special welcome
to those zooming for the first time.
In a smaller group: My name is ______and I'm zooming
in from ______ and something nice I've already done today
3. [5 MINS] HOST
Introduces the topic...
Try to find someone who has endured difficult holiday seasons
in the past and has found ways to cope.
4. [2 mins] Host sets up group discussion (perhaps
"We're now going to put you into groups (between 3-4
depending on numbers).
*We'd ike you to discuss the focus questions and at
the end of the discussion we'd like each group to nominate
one person to share your conclusions.
GROUP DISCUSSION Aim for 35
5. [20 MINS] Breakout room sharing and
discussion of the focus questions. At the end host issues
1 minute warning to bring people back to the group.
6. [15 MINS] Full
group discussion - Spokesperson from each group reports
back. Host directs
discussion to the focus questions.
Possibly share Susanne Wilson's video
Aim for AIM 10 minutes
7. (2 mins] Get everyone
to write in the chat window something different they plan
to do as a result of their discussion
(1 MIN ) ) CLOSE Thank everyone and get
people to call out goodbye to someone they can name (like
the Waltons). Great fun to record!!
Ask if anyone
wants to chat privately in a breakout room.
Invite group members to stay in the main room and chat if
Assign hosting rights to someone learning to host - good
chance to practice using break-out rooms.
YOU LIKE TO HOST A LOCAL GROUP OR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
We can train you and help you with a support person in your
Email email@example.com with details of your area of
interest and preferred times.
WOULD YOU BE AVAILABLE FOR
A GUEST SPOT AT A ZOOM MEETING? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
with details of your area of interest and preferred times.