A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife

The Book
Radio FAQs
Hall of Fame
About Victor


<< Return to Articles


Brief report on the materialization mediumship of David Thompson, Sydney 30th June 2006.

Seven etherians (spirits) - including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, former SPR Montague Keen actually materialized. I actually shook hands with an etherian calling himself Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on Friday 30th June 06. Content analysis of what he stated was consistent with the character of Sir Arthur.

These experiences are also above the 'boggle threshold' and for Westerners, mostly outside our comort zone. I regard these materializastions as most spectacular. Extremely strict fraud prevention measures were taken.

These materialization results will inevitably cause a revolution in the belief of the afterlife. I ask the reader to keep an open mind- especially when these experiments are being repeated every week, over time and space and which are yielding the same brilliant results.

Set-up and precautions.

The experiment took place in the home of David and Jean at Castle Cove Sydney. Along with the medium, David Thompson, and David and Jean were Tom, Rosheen, Chris, Paul, Mitch, Wendy and Victor—a total of 9 people (3 female and 6 male all professional people including a lawyer, an accountant and a media professional- all open minded skeptics).

Some of the sitters are highly experienced in physical mediumship and very familiar with the tricks used by imposters claiming to be physical mediums.
Prior to entering the room I was asked to search the medium and confirm that he had nothing under his clothing. Rosheen and I checked his track pants, pockets, his cardigan and his shoes to make sure that they were normal. All of the other sitters were searched as well and asked to leave outside anything metal, lighters, matches, mobile phones etc.

Thirty minutes prior to the beginning of the séance we set in motion an MP3 recorder with a very sensitive microphone which recorded the entire 90 minute session.

The room was a small lounge-dining room in a middle class suburban house in a quiet area. At the end of the room where we were sitting the windows had been blocked out and there was no furniture except for a number of straight backed chairs and a large modular display cabinet about 2.5 meters (8 feet) tall in which it would have been impossible to conceal even a small person. The medium’s chair which had arms was in the corner of the room. There were no trapdoors –walls, floors and ceiling or recesses in the room. Once everyone was seated, the door was locked and the key given to me. A large sheet of cardboard was stuck over the door to block any light and to seal the only door to the séance room. A chair was placed behind the door underneath the handle for added security.

The chair on which the medium sat was a metal one. The arms were securely fastened, there were no loose connections and there was nothing unusual underneath the chair. The chair was placed in the corner of the room without a cabinet. The sitters sat in a semi-circle facing the medium. The medium was strapped into the chair by means of secure belts and buckles firmly attached to the chair.

As well heavy plastic one-way (self-locking) cable ties were secured through the buckles and cut off short so that the only way they could be released was with a metal clipper. I checked that the bindings were reasonably tight.
The medium had a black gag tied securely around his head through his open mouth preventing him from making any more than muffled sounds. I checked the knot and helped secure a cable tie to the gag. As well cable ties were used to tie the buttons of the medium’s cardigan to the buttonholes and clipped off very short. On the mantelpiece in the room was a set of drum sticks and a glass of water. Beside the séance leader’s chair was a CD player with a music CD, a small lamp with red globes and a cardboard trumpet, the end of which was coated with luminous paint.

The Séance Experiment

The séance experiment took place in total darkness. This is because ectoplasm is extremely sensitive to light and to physical energy. The séance experiment began with one of the sitters offering a short prayer followed by the playing of the hymn “Jerusalem”. Soon afterwards we heard very distinct fairly heavy breathing and the loud clear voice of ‘William’ the spirit “master of ceremonies” who welcomed us all, talking slowly, using a low pitched resonant voice. The voice sounded as if it belonged to someone advanced in age. You can hear recordings of William speaking on my website.

Paranormal activity

The intention of this session was to ascertain whether or not paranormal activity, was taking place. I can report that the following actually happened.
1. William, the control, welcomed everyone to the circle and introduced us to some spectacular movements of the trumpet – go to my homepage (Listen to welcome-3 mins). He then returned and promised that the phenomena in the circle would become stronger over the next few months and that those working on the other side would try to create natural light. He stressed the importance of harmony among the sitters. (Listen to William's plans for the circle- 5 mins)

2. Timothy, was the next to speak. He is the Etherian in charge of the ectoplasm,-- responsible for the movement of the trumpet and lightening the atmosphere.

3. Montague Keen- spoke directly to me by name and said he would be working with me from the afterlife. (Listen to Montague Keen- 3 mins).

4. Arthur Conan Doyle- gave an eloquent speech on the topic of survival after death and how one’s state of mind on crossing over determines what one experiences. During his talk he came over to me and shook my hand. Note carefully the "whooshing" sound at the beginning and end of his materialization. (Listen to sound recording- 12 minutes -12 megabytes)

Three other Etherians then materialised.

The main physical phenomena
These were the events I and my wife Wendy personally experienced, or else witnessed with the rest of the participants:

1. The translocation to a different part of the room of the medium bound in his chair at the end of the meeting.

2. The reversal of the medium’s cardigan, with the plastic ties still unbroken.

3. The trumpet, the luminous large end of which was operated at tremendous speed and manoeuvrability with considerable precision. At times it passed just an inch (2 centimetres) away from our faces. We could feel a rush of air as it passed us. At one stage it repeatedly tapped myself and my wife on the head moving rapidly from one of us to the other although we were separated by another person. After several minutes we saw the trumpet being placed gently on the top of the modular cabinet.

4. There was extremely loud drumming with the drumsticks.

5. There were very clear, loud and distinctive series of seven definitively different voices we heard of different pitch, rhythm, pace, intonation and modulation, all of which answered questions intelligently.

6. Often the entities would begin speaking using direct voice- an artificial larynx constructed from ectoplasm- the sound coming from close to the medium. Then they would materialize with a distinctive sound (see point 7) and start to move around the room.

7. Before each entity materialized we heard and recorded a peculiar loud “whooshing” sound which can be heard in all of the MP3 recordings: Listen to MP3 file.(30 seconds 350KB). There was a similar but shorter sound when entities de-materialized (Listen to MP3 file- 10 seconds).

8. All sitters commented on the abnormal cold around their feet and legs.

9. At one stage the entity claiming to be Arthur Conan Doyle (very well known author 1859-1930) approached me and shook my hand. His hand felt warm and solid and was huge - at least twice as large as the hand of the medium David Thompson and significantly bigger than the hands of anyone else in the room.

10. Several of the sitters were able to see the fingers of a materialized hand in the light of the luminous strips on the trumpet while it was held high in the air.

11. Toward the end of the meeting, Timothy was able to lift the chair in which the medium was seated and bring it around six feet forward right in front of me without any sound whatsoever.

Precaution against fraud.

• There was extra care in searching David Thompson, the medium himself.

• There was extreme care in tying his both hands, legs and putting the gag to make sure he could not vocalize. The tags were locked irretrievably, which meant they had to be destroyed to free them from David after the séance.

• There was also extreme care in inspecting the chair he sat on.

• There were no floor, wall or ceiling trap doors.

• All the sitters were asked to hold hands whenever materialization was about to take place.

• Towards the end of the meeting Timothy invited me and another sitter to approach the medium in his chair and feel that he was still bound and gagged while the entity continued to talk to us. All security measures on David Thompson himself and the chair were still intact. While my hand was on David Thompson's gag, the materialized Timothy was still giving instructions. It would have been a physical impossibility for David to say anything under the circumstances.

• Rosheen, one of the sitters, felt that David’s face was covered with what she thought were drops of water but which it was later realized was ectoplasm.

• I held the only key then available to the only door of the séance room.

• The only door to the séance room was sealed from the inside.

• Vocalization location: care was taken to identify where the etheric voices were coming from – it was noticed they came from different areas, different heights of the circle.


All present were absolutely convinced that paranormal activity had taken place.
We are now in the process of using more sophisticated electronic equipment to analyse the voices. This is especially important because after this meeting, I attended another three meetings and two world celebrities materialized – Louis Armstrong and Mahatma Gandhi. We were able to do a prima facie (on the face of it) correlations of their materialized voices with their voices when they were alive and positive results were obtained. We continue to proceed with caution and go to the forensic voice analysis equipment to do full correlation tests. So far, the conduct of the parties is consistent with what we know about them. Full results will be put on my website and will also be published in the next edition of this book, in six months’ time.

With absolute certainty, I state - and guarantee - that paranormal activity - communicating with entities from the afterlife - did take place in the four sessions that I attended.

<< Return to Articles

Home | The Book | Radio FAQs | Articles | Hall of Fame
Appearances | About Victor | Links | Contact

Copyright © 2001 Victor Zammit.  All rights reserved.  --  
Web site by happysean