return to general information about Zoom groups
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP: MENTAL MEDIUMSHIP
Sunday 12th November 2917
The aim of this session is to determine what resources
are needed to support our working mediums, to improve the
standards of mental mediumship generally and to educate
the public on how to prepare for and evaluate a reading.
Focus questions to guide the discussion:
Some possible issues
* the difference between a medium and a psychc
and a channeller,
* what is evidential mediumship,
* how to find a good medium,
* how to prepare for a reading,
* experimental evidence supporting the genuineness of mental
* how are mediums certifed?
* what additional research
For working mediums
* the best and worst thing about being a working medium
* what mediums wish their clients knew
* coping with traumatic readings
* dealing with unreasonable
* when spirits put pressure on you
* great mediums of the past,
* how often should you read a client?
* ethics and mediumship.
* what support do working mediums need
Our discussion will be of general information and we will
ask people not to promote or denigrate any particular medium
or mediumship training.
MEETING AGENDA (1 hour).
SET UP- Aim for 15 mins
1. [2 minutes] WELCOME AND AGENDA REVIEW
- host welcomes and
explains purpose of AREI
2. [3 mins] Check in - Everyone says their name
and where they are calling from. A special welcome
to those zooming for the first time.
In a smaller group: My name is ______and I'm zooming
in from ______ and something nice I've already done today
2. [1 Mins] HOST Introduces the topic.
3. [5 MINS] SHARE SHORT
VIDEO OR AREI GUEST SPEAKER
Joe Higgins will be joining the group and raising
4. [2 mins] Host sets up group discussion (perhaps
"We're now going to put you into groups (between 4-6
depending on numbers).
* We'd like those of you who are working mediums to go into
one group, developing mediums into another and non-mediums
into a third group.
* Then we'd like the group to discuss the focus questions.
* At the end of the discussion we'd like each group to nominate
one person to share some of the issues raised by your group.
GROUP DISCUSSION Aim for 35
5. [20 MINS] Breakout room sharing and
discussion of the focus questions. At the end host issues
1 minute warning to bring people back to the group.
6. [15 MINS] Full
group discussion - Spokesperson from each group reports
back. Host directs
discussion to the focus questions. Talk
about need for further research.
Aim for AIM 10 minutes
7. (2 mins] Unanswered
questions: Get everyone to write in the chat window
questions that they still feel are unanswered.
8. ( 7 mins) Choose one of...
MIN ) ) CLOSE Thank everyone and get people to
call out goodbye to someone they can name (like the Waltons).
Great fun to record!!
___10 minutes ______________________________________
Ask if anyone
wants to chat privately in a breakout room.
Invite group members to stay in the main room and chat if
Assign hosting rights to someone learning to host - good
chance to practice using break-out rooms.
YOU LIKE TO HOST A LOCAL GROUP OR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
We can train you and help you with a support person in your
Email email@example.com with details of your area of
interest and preferred times.
WOULD YOU BE AVAILABLE FOR
A GUEST SPOT AT A ZOOM MEETING? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
with details of your area of interest and preferred times.